What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a world of difference Tony, I rode about 60 miles with it and it was nice.
WP_20140412_002.jpg

Pulled those ugly fishtails off the 78 and put on some shorty straight thrus, I really like the sound and look sooooo! much better too. put clutch cable on that PO had with it, then found out the old one was ok, something wrong with the clutch actuator arm not pulling correct. I will look at the manual tonight see if I can figure it out.

On the 1100 I polished the valve and timing belt covers, pulled the clutch and was amazed to see that nothing has worn beyond limits yet so it goes back it for another 112,000 miles. :party:

The 1200... I rode it. :mrgreen:

Replaced windshield, both mirrors, placed on trickle charger... also started it and let it run a couple of times... let radio play while grilling burgers for the family..

Finished riding across the country! Went from Portland Oregon to Reno, then down to Vegas and then all the way on 40 and now in Newport News, VA. Heading up to Hudson Valley in NY tomorrow. What an incredible experience. Was able to get of the interstate for a little bit, but mostly stayed on 40 for the sake of expediency. Have a deadline to be in NY, but left enough time in the days to see thing if they needed seeing...averaging about 300+ a day. It was my first epic trip, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Been on the road so far for 13 days. And the bike is running great. Only things that came up was I overtaxed the battery and killed it. Got a full charge at an auto parts store in Henryetta, OK. And I had to replace the headlight as I burned out the highbeams. Doing an oil change this morning. Woohoo, life is grand!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=114819#p114819:2pzi60w0 said:
sean14 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:17 am[/url]":2pzi60w0]
Finished riding across the country! Went from Portland Oregon to Reno, then down to Vegas and then all the way on 40 and now in Newport News, VA. Heading up to Hudson Valley in NY tomorrow. What an incredible experience. Was able to get of the interstate for a little bit, but mostly stayed on 40 for the sake of expediency. Have a deadline to be in NY, but left enough time in the days to see thing if they needed seeing...averaging about 300+ a day. It was my first epic trip, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Been on the road so far for 13 days. And the bike is running great. Only things that came up was I overtaxed the battery and killed it. Got a full charge at an auto parts store in Henryetta, OK. And I had to replace the headlight as I burned out the highbeams. Doing an oil change this morning. Woohoo, life is grand!

I wish that was me. :good:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=114744#p114744:3aqu17kx said:
backlander » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:27 pm[/url]":3aqu17kx]
Picked one of these sheepskin gel pads today, like new from PO for 35. greenbacks.https://www.thepropad.com/medium-sheepskin-gel-pro-pad/ Fixing to go try it out. :moped: :moped:
Mike, start a new thread on this. There are always people asking what is more comfortable, does it fit, how about on an iron butt trip.....

Continued cleaning the engine. Is there a 12 step program for that? I started with the screen cover... then the clutch cover... then I realized the front transmission cover was dirty so I pulled it off to clean it. :shock: Actually, the oil drain plug threads on my motor are stripped so I am swapping front covers with my parts motor, but I cleaned and painted it while I am waiting for gaskets.

Attachments

• IMG_20140413_200355_619.jpg
    IMG_20140413_200355_619.jpg
    103 KB
Had keys made from the blanks that Steve83 sent me. Re-keyed the Vetter storage lock ( right side pocket) to match the Vetter saddle bag removal locks. Re-keyed the shelter lock to match the ignition, didn't do the helmet lock because fuel tank is in the way of the screws. One less key on the ring atm, I intend to leave helmet lock and storage box keys in my top box and just have 2 keys on the ignition.

i rode down to moonshine, il saturday for the lunch run. stayed over in effingham,il got up this morning and took some back roads over to ohio then headed north on I-75 out of cincy for home, just got here 45 minutes ago and put 1007 miles on the wing in two days

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=114910#p114910:p4v6mvra said:
detdrbuzzard » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:16 am[/url]":p4v6mvra]
i rode down to moonshine, il saturday for the lunch run. stayed over in effingham,il got up this morning and took some back roads over to ohio then headed north on I-75 out of cincy for home, just got here 45 minutes ago and put 1007 miles on the wing in two days

Nice weekend ride :good:

Latest posts