What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah...Er....well I took a slight detour :smilie_happy:

Good to see you too Steve.
I'm very impressed with your rebuilt 83.
Runs smooth, gobs of power, and it handles good.
Well done!

Hmm, pretty much everything needed right there for a weekend to Vegas me thinks.

Just straight out of Steve's and hang a left, Lost Wages in no time :smilie_happy:
Say hello to Randy while you are there :yes:

I got the motor out of the 82

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.6 KB
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=116258#p116258:hyatft9t said:
Houndheadjr » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:34 pm[/url]":hyatft9t]
I got the motor out of the 82
file.php

Just curious... how is it getting the motor out with the bike on a table? On the lift I have:

images

it is easy enough because the lift is supporting the motor. With your table it looks like getting the motor out requires a lot of muscle power or ingenuity. I have been considering a table lift, but that has been the biggest stopping point for me.

For my GL1000, I strapped the engine to a couple two-bys screwed to a furniture dolly, removed the rear wheel and drive/swing arm, front wheel and forks, then unbolted and picked the frame up off of the engine.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

1. I got ready for next winter... I got my Hippo Hands in the mail today :music:

2. Got rid of a 78 motor and met oldhondajamie in the process.

3. Started to clean the shiny bits of the carbs.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=116385#p116385:3n6u2f1g said:
oldhondajamie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:43 am[/url]":3n6u2f1g]
Picked up a 78 motor to canalabize for my 77 head problem. Thanks Brian was great meeting you!

Same here! Hope it works out.

Opened up the package with my new/old RH fairing light. I will separate and urethane seal the lens to the holder and possibly refresh the Matt black finish ( can see the amber in a few spots, no packing in the box for shipping)
Hope my tank badge turns up in half as good condition as this light :beg:

Latest posts