what did you do today

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I went for my ride on Thursday I had forgotten that my HID headlight had failed. I decided to replace it with a 12/24w LED and also use the new old stock Hella H4 headlight lens that I had picked up a couple of weeks ago. Even though I now have a spare Vetter Windjammer It didn’t have a screen or headlight assembly. I had been watching this listing for awhile and decided to check them out I decided to buy both fairings for the spare parts which ended up costing me $200 :whistling:

just a short ride, my foot doesn't like the weight of the wing

Attachments

• 20200608_181941.jpg
    20200608_181941.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 20200608_181615.jpg
    20200608_181615.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 20200608_175201.jpg
    20200608_175201.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 20200608_174021.jpg
    20200608_174021.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 86
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=217864#p217864:wtivszc8 said:
mcgovern61 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:13 am[/url]":wtivszc8]
Careful William. While it is great to see you out on the Wing, you do not want to hurt your foot any worse after all of this time! :shock:
holding the wing up on uneven streets really brings out the weakness of my foot so you won't see me out much on it much i'm going back to riding the Mighty CT 70

Attachments

• 20200520_145346.jpg
    20200520_145346.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 79
I can remember how hard it was to hold up even the CBR before I had my hip surgery. I kept stopping with the bikes as near to vertical as possible to reduce any load on my left leg. As I like to keep my right foot on the brake pedal there were a few times when I felt like the bike was going to tip to the right. There was nothing better than riding the Valkyrie to my 3 month checkup after the hip surgery and feeling how stable the bike now felt with my left leg holding it up. :good:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=217846#p217846:3vgs2c4z said:
Ansimp » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:32 am[/url]":3vgs2c4z]
When I went for my ride on Thursday I had forgotten that my HID headlight had failed. I decided to replace it with a 12/24w LED and also use the new old stock Hella H4 headlight lens that I had picked up a couple of weeks ago. Even though I now have a spare Vetter Windjammer It didn’t have a screen or headlight assembly. I had been watching this listing for awhile and decided to check them out I decided to buy both fairings for the spare parts which ended up costing me $200 :whistling:

I was trying to find the photographs of a few years back when a friend and I traversed the Chiracahua wilderness, I on my Valkyrie, new to me at the time, and he on his 86 Aspencade. About 30 miles of some of the most rugged single track dirt roads I’ve been on in a while. Crossed two washes (4-8 inches deep), at one point we traversed about a mile of fist-sized down to walnut sized loose rock. Nightmarish. What were we thinking? I broke an upper shock mount, repaired it with bailing wire in Benson, and finished the 600 mile voyage. But he also lost his headlight on that ride. Vibration does crazy things to Motorcycles.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=217892#p217892:h06sjjwz said:
desertrefugee » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:01 am[/url]":h06sjjwz]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=217846#p217846:h06sjjwz said:
Ansimp » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:32 am[/url]":h06sjjwz]

I was trying to find the photographs of a few years back when a friend and I traversed the Chiracahua wilderness, I on my Valkyrie, new to me at the time, and he on his 86 Aspencade. About 30 miles of some of the most rugged single track dirt roads I’ve been on in a while. Crossed two washes (4-8 inches deep), at one point we traversed about a mile of fist-sized down to walnut sized loose rock. Nightmarish. What were we thinking? I broke an upper shock mount, repaired it with bailing wire in Benson, and finished the 600 mile voyage. But he also lost his headlight on that ride. Vibration does crazy things to Motorcycles.
There wasn’t any way that I was considering the Valkyrie or a CBR for this 4x4 trail that was officially closed. Luckily the Rats Nest with its low gearing was able to go really slowly so the bumps weren’t too bad as I only stood on the pegs a couple of times. I definitely hear you on vibrations from corrugated roads. :yes:

working on my 82 Goldwing and need to know where the wire at the bottom of the case by the oil filter hooks up to electrical connection

Today is about yesterday, because I could not write about it until today, lol! I Had surgery on my hand. I had an infection in my left middle finger that wen real bad for 8-9 weeks. Had surgery to remove a portion of that finger, and I am recovering, but it still huts like hell. No riding for me for I dont know how long now. I hope everyone else is well, I need to sleep now. Cheers!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.us/viewtopic.php?p=218092#p218092:26cz2boi said:
GTC@MSAC » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:51 pm[/url]":26cz2boi]
Today is about yesterday, because I could not write about it until today, lol! I Had surgery on my hand. I had an infection in my left middle finger that wen real bad for 8-9 weeks. Had surgery to remove a portion of that finger, and I am recovering, but it still huts like hell. No riding for me for I dont know how long now. I hope everyone else is well, I need to sleep now. Cheers!

Ouch! :shock: I lost the end of the same finger(down to the first knuckle) getting it stuck between the chain and sprocket on a 125 dirt bike engine powered go-cart years ago...."It hurts to this very day". Heal quickly! :salute:

Thanks guys. I rode 3 or 4 times when it was infected, which didn't help. So now I am banned from using that hand for work And riding, lol!
I'm also banned from smoking and strongly advised to hold off on coffee. Those 4 things are mostly what my life is all about, now i'm just a keyboard vegetable, lol!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=218106#p218106:2m56cxph said:
GTC@MSAC » Today, 6:03 pm[/url]":2m56cxph]
Thanks guys. I rode 3 or 4 times when it was infected, which didn't help. So now I am banned from using that hand for work And riding, lol!
I'm also banned from smoking and strongly advised to hold off on coffee. Those 4 things are mostly what my life is all about, now i'm just a keyboard vegetable, lol!
Smoking AND coffee? Lol, easy for a non smoker to say damn. I quit smoking a year ago March. Don't touch my coffee!

You guys losing digits is scaring me! :shock:

Heal quickly! My coffee is one cup in the morning, but then a decaf after lunch or I will be up all night!

2nd day no ciggs, no coffee, I feel like crap. The oxy-5 pain killer isn't having any effect on my finger or hand, just my digestive system.
Doctor says i'm a healthy man other than the finger surgery, so how does anyone that's in any less than perfect health survive this, and why am i apparently immune to pain killers that supposedly work for everyone else?