4" pullies have been paid for

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No Problem Buddy - you are a good man I know that, - the pullys look great - not sure when i will be using them but I will let you know when I do.

Whats with the timing caps ? you need one?

1060dsl":3a0fvbjq said:
No Problem Buddy - you are a good man I know that, - the pullys look great - not sure when i will be using them but I will let you know when I do.

Whats with the timing caps ? you need one?
the timing sight caps are designed to view the marks on the crank while the engine is at idle, it's my spin off of the oem type..You use a timing light to view the marks.. this little tool will tell you if your ignition is spot on or not spot on..Mine is spot on..Because that's how me and Joe Drum roll..ha ha

what do you do flash a timing light down into it?

From what I see in the bikes I buy for scrap is more than half are one tooth out of time, that and of course carb problems from sitting too long.

How much do you want for the sight caps? Is there a glass to prevent oil spilling out?

1060dsl":ax1fe1s2 said:

From what I see in the bikes I buy for scrap is more than half are one tooth out of time, that and of course carb problems from sitting too long.

How much do you want for the sight caps? Is there a glass to prevent oil spilling out?
Wait....You did get a sight cap in your two pullies didn't you ???? Let me know if you didn't get these, I will send you two more for free..

littlebeaver":1x57619h said:
1060dsl":1x57619h said:

Wait....You did get a sight cap in your two pullies didn't you ???? Let me know if you didn't get these, I will send you two more for free..

You Caught me Beave :Awe: - I had not opened the package but yes they are in there and yes the pullies look great!! :good: :good:

but you have me thinking about these caps for viewing the timimg marks, Couldnt you get the same result by flashing the gun on the timing gear? (with the covers off) that way you can tell if each belt is a tooth off or not. Doesn't the crank turn four times to one turn of the timing gear?

Sure you can, I've done it that way too...I actually mastered it..Made a custom stand and all..View attachment 1View attachment 1 I just put the sight caps in with the pullies as a gift because these pullies were so late getting to everyone.. :Egyptian: And they work good too, but anyway you have two options now.. :Egyptian:

joedrum":3q75tw9x said:
two times i think is the ratio ..... :headscratch: hmmm i think thats right :hihihi:

:salute: :salute: ya two times sounds more right than 4 thats for sure !! :salute: :salute:

Just after I put my bike all back together and tested my alt. con. everything is good, I wanted to inspect my vacuum advance again to see how its doing, you know, run the bike without the pg cover off it again to see it function, well it was justa mitty fine still fella's, but I had to remove the swingarm ect. also a friend sent me a set of newer coils off the 94 dodge neon, they have been installed, just need to reassemble the cycle and test run it, I want to see for myself if these coils make a difference or not..I feel I will know right away if they are better or not..So far my battery is shows good at every start up...12.95 or so on the battery..before i crank it..

well the heat thats been the thing there ....i think there 1.5ohm and work okay on 83s but not earlier yrs with out heat problems like you have now wilcoy...i might be remembering wrong but its my best shot at it now :headscratch: :mrgreen:

I try to never ride in the rain I do not to know how long it will take for my cloth seat to dry out or just how much water it will hold for me to sit on. but this weekend I will get out the garden hose and let you know I have a v belt.
Jerry

I try not to ride in the rain either BUT I got caught in a real downpour with lighting and thunder over the radio volume.
I went the 3 rib flat belt way.

I hated my cloth seat too so that is why an Amish man changed mine to vinyl-wipe off and dry. Never happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts