'80 1100 affectionately known as "Phoenix"

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started laying the paint it her yesterday. She's not going to be a show stopping bike, but I like the color so far. I plan on adding the second color this weekend, as long as the weather holds out. Here are a couple of pics of the base color.

Photo_033010_002.jpg

Photo_033010_001.jpg

Beautiful................. just Beautiful, I can't wait to get mine ready for Paint....... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

You do the prep, we'd be glad to spray it. For a nominal fee, of course........ :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

There two runs in the whole thing, but the second color and color sanding for the clear will take care of those.

If I was patient enough to do the prep correctly and follow up sanding, mine might actually look decent! :Awe:

I sand for about 10 minutes and then I've had it. I think that is why my clear coat looks so bad.

Not a lot of progress as of late, but I did finally get the second color sprayed. Unfortunately I'm going to have toredo part of it because the tape pulled part of the paint with it.

Here ate a couple of pics of the good pieces.
Photo_041410_001.jpg

Photo_041410_002.jpg

mcgovern61":3qwl2z01 said:
No butting in line, I thought I was next!! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Andrew, there's a line here! Don't ya see the line!! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

We'll all have to make the trip!

Well, I worked on the ongoing oil leak last night. Wasn't able to get it started then, due to lack of fuel, but fueled it up this morning, and cranked her up. In the beginning, I was a little upset. As she warmed up, I noticed a drip of oil still coming from the weep whole. :head bang: :head bang: As she warmed up more and more, the drip became less and less. So I'm happier at this point. No more major dripping seen this evening before I left, which is a plus because there was a puddle of oil underneath the front of the engine, like I had an old Harley parked there instead of an old Wing.

We were able to get the clear sprayed on yesterday as well. In the sunlight, it has a pearl tone to it that I wasn't expecting. I'm elated. A couple of things with the paint are a couple of runs that you can't see unless you know they are there, and you can tell it wasn't professionally done, so I expect some smirks and sneers from people that see it in person, but like I've said before, she's not a show bike, she's going to be ridden, ALOT.

As far a taking orders on the paint, I'll have to talk with my business partner and the Boss before I could let you know. :grin: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

I started adding the badges back today, and I have to say, she's looking pretty good even if I'm not able to put her back together yet.

Photo_042310_004.jpg

Photo_042310_001.jpg

I even got the tail light remounted to the rear fender.

Photo_042310_003.jpg

I finally got the calipers rebuilt, but I have to rebuild the rebuilt rear caliper due to a torn seal, and I've got the trunk together and ready to put on. I'm hoping to pick up the new to me saddle bag stay in the morning, and have everything together and road worth by the end of next week. If not then, shortly there after.

Photo_042710_018.jpg

Thanks be to Roady for the side pockets on the trunk. Filled in the holes quite nicely. Now I just need to use a little "back to black" on them.

She's well on her way back together now. When I get the rear caliper re-rebuilt, I'll be able to get everything back on the way it should be. The only thing left other than that, is to get all of the wiring back together.

Photo_050310_001.jpg

Latest posts