Gas price, OUCH! ("Gas" thread merged with this one)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slabghost":12hosq7u said:
I think gridlocking the capitol would be a lot more effective than any partial boycotts or outcry.
didn't the truck drivers do that back in the 'late 70's or early '80's or is that just a movie i half remember? gas was down from $3.49 to $3.37 this morning, i guess their trying to use up the winter blend

That was an attempt at a truckers strike. Trouble with that idea is truckers must keep moving or the money dries up quickly.

Gas price is around $4.21 here, getting more of an ouch!

Just wanted to pass on that Ralphs grocery here has a deal for points which is good for .10 cents off each gallon at Shell. The .10 cents off brings a gallon price below the cheapest stations in my area.
Ralphs then gives you points when you show the Shell gas receipt so it's a win win.

Not a lot but it does add up.

Check around, similar chain stores in your area could be running deals like this.

when they cant pass tax hikes they just make everything more exspensive the :sensored: :sensored: :sensored: :sensored: :sensored: :sensored: :sensored:

checked the grocery bill lately :sensored: :sensored: :sensored: :sensored: :sensored: :sensored: :sensored: :sensored: :sensored: :sensored: :sensored:

Last time I filled my empty 'Wing it was $12.60 in November; last nite was $16.20 with a $.05/gal. discount for cash. Gotta get those air cutoff valves replaced!

$3.94 for mid-grade this eve... :rant: I been filling it at about 1/2 tank the last week or so, just so it doesn't hurt as much all at once. :crying:

We're gonna be heading up to Illynoy week after next, in a car that gets aboot 12mpg...talk about an OUCH!! :sensored:

AApple":26d3gpij said:
$3.94 for mid-grade this eve... :rant: I been filling it at about 1/2 tank the last week or so, just so it doesn't hurt as much all at once. :crying:

We're gonna be heading up to Illynoy week after next, in a car that gets aboot 12mpg...talk about an OUCH!! :sensored:
Why are you using mid-grade? These bikes run great on regular. We are running about $3.73 a gallon here in NJ for regular.

mcgovern61":29a8kj9p said:
AApple":29a8kj9p said:

Why are you using mid-grade? These bikes run great on regular. We are running about $3.73 a gallon here in NJ for regular.

Mine has a tendency to ping under acceleration in the summer months(100F+ temps) with reg fuel. With the mid-grade, it runs fine, with no ping. Almost all of my riding is hiway miles, at hiway speeds, which is 70-80mph around here(speed limit is 65 :mrgreen: ).

AApple":3r4wozwp said:
Mine has a tendency to ping under acceleration in the summer months(100F+ temps) with reg fuel. With the mid-grade, it runs fine, with no ping. Almost all of my riding is hiway miles, at hiway speeds, which is 70-80mph around here(speed limit is 65 :mrgreen: ).

My Standard has a really bad pinging problem on regular gas. If I ever get around to pulling the motor, I got a strong feeling I'll be checking littlebeavers post about the vacuum advance real close.

Prior to last weekends ride I gapped the plugs to .034.
On that ride we put on over 400 miles.
Since then I've done some running around town.
I checked the plugs this morning and all 4 are a nice tan and I haven't noticed the typical unburned gas smell I always have on this bike.
When they were at .028 the 2 left plugs were darker color like unburned fuel.

I don't think it's done anything to improve fuel mileage though.

It's probably a good idea to stay with .028 on the 80-81 ignition because a wider gap will make the spark units run hotter which might be what makes them melt down.

dan filipi":254ee1h1 said:
It's probably a good idea to stay with .028 on the 80-81 ignition because a wider gap will make the spark units run hotter which might be what makes them melt down.
Which poses the question....how do I approach this? '81 carb rack, '82 ignition, '83 engine???

he last time i seen your bike running gery whats there to complain about ...the 82 igition is th same as 83.....the 81 carbs are not that much ifferent either....its the ignition on the 80-81 thats the big difference ....there the melters with ballist on the picups instead of the coils ....a least tats the way i understandit i could be wrong im capable :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

joedrum":skkw38ow said:
he last time i seen your bike running gery whats there to complain about ...the 82 igition is th same as 83.....the 81 carbs are not that much ifferent either....its the ignition on the 80-81 thats the big difference ....there the melters with ballist on the picups instead of the coils ....a least tats the way i understandit i could be wrong im capable :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:
No complaints Joe!! Just always tweakin!

Latest posts