new doghouse under construction.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks everyone its realy starting to take shape and things are covered good now .....not yet pony on insulation .....iwant to get the spay on foam as it is the best for insulating and has tremendous structural qualities also....but there is no funds for it now at all :mrgreen:

hd a rather good day today ....got some framing done on thw back end of the building and and have started my legs seemed to be coming back so i can use them on the ladder ....plenty of tall work here in the middle at about 24to25ft tall....ive got everything covered i think on getting to everything by myself.....and also how i want to frame it so the doors can br just cut out and open almost...

maybe some pics tomarrow :mrgreen:

dang .....my screw gun quit ...the trigger went south ....thats what always happens ....you have to use plenty of trigger skill to put in 3-5" screws without stripping or breaking the screws especialy in the hardwood stuff im using ...this puts me out of work today as there is nothing that can replace a screwgun ....and only a dewalt or an extremly old black and decker can replace a dewalt ....they have the best clutch for hammering big screws in.....

anyway things are going good but im going slow as the up and down ladder work of doing it all by myself is somewhat hard on me and slow .....im also trying to get wood cutup for heat ....still cleaning up storm damage trees....looks like i will have to cut some more trees down as they have to much damage to chance anymore

the screwgun threw me right off the horse ...i wasnt exspecting it to go bad ....i dont know why i souldnt exspect it ....i use them to there highest capabilities and treat all tools like crap or i hate them ...i think i do .....anyway the screwgun is the tool used the most on the doghouse by a huge margin :rant: :rant: :whip: settle down it could be worst :mrgreen:

anyway things are going good but im going slow as the up and down ladder work of doing it all by myself is somewhat hard on me and slow .....im also trying to get wood cutup for heat ....still cleaning up storm damage trees....looks like i will have to cut some more trees down as they have to much damage to chance anymore

I think it is Time for a break! You are only human! Been there done that. I have to really psych myself up to work on my house anymore - burnt out. I do what I have to, but projects take forever. Probably cause I spend so much time trying to fix this bike or that....

I have a dewalt skill saw I love, but its time to put some serious time in fixing it(2nd time) or save time for my wingers and just buy a new one. I have makita screw guns. Still going strong after 12 or so yrs. just bought new batteries for it. Its kinda what you get used to I think....

yes you might be right some pony on tool prefence ...but the scewguns i use are modified drywall screwguns and not battery powered ......theres no battery screwgun that could handle what im doing .....plus there slower than me....im off somewhere to find another screwgun today hopefuly .....as you said pony even when it comes to dewalt theres only one version i use and there hard to find ....they spin at 0-6000 rpm and 7amp motor allowing me lots of power to have in my hand

the doghouse is completely put together with screws as the spiral incline the screw and self tapping qualities of wood are the perfect connecting construction for strong load carring capascity ....

i hope everyone has a great day today :mrgreen:

i was able to fix the screw gun somehow...i took it apart some and cleaned it up play with some wires ....pushed around on the brushes and its working :Egyptian: so im back at working on the doghouse ....now its going to be screws ...im getting low again ....i bet ive used 100lbs of screws so far .....anyway very happy about the screwgun fix....

windy today but nice out..... :mrgreen:

okay heres some pics of the building
image.php

image.php

image.php

the bottom pic is some storm damage repair and also a pic of the other end ...running out of screws and lumber

yes pony more galv....yes there phillips head screws ...3"and 5" and yes ther quite hard and can shear but are very structral in application as i lace a lot of things together ...its tough...it had a top of a tree slam though it and never budge it at all except where the tree went in....its foot print is 36ft x 60ft pony i wanted to make it as big as i thought i could do by myself and the ladders and stuff i had....

I know what kind of job that is for 1 person , but you sure have done one heck of a job Joe. :music: :music: :music: :music:

sledge":3dwonf50 said:
I know what kind of job that is for 1 person , but you sure have done one heck of a job Joe. :music: :music: :music: :music:

You sure have joe.
That is quit an acomplishment especially considering you health issues. :music:

Latest posts