new doghouse under construction.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no the first time i tried to get the tree in the building i missed it ....after my failure i made the building bigger to make sur i got the tree in there :mrgreen: :builder: im thinking ill either cut it down or leave it there ...something going to happen soon :cheeky: :Egyptian: :head bang: :builder:

no pics today but i got the doghouse all framed around the tree and its diffinitly going to winter over in the building....

it must of rained for aweek solid ...today was the first good day in awhile

got abunch of insulating board free ...not what i wanted but the price was right

ill take some more pics tomarrow

ive decided that there will be no side doors as i dont want to interupt the long sidewalls with an entry ....so im going to build a small door in a big door type deal for the ends where there was already doors planed..... :mrgreen:

i should have a working window for a few days and hope to get the drainage system in and plumbing for sewer water and electric in ....its been like a made the panama canal through my yard with the trench i dug .....i've been playing gerry with all my steamboat bathtub toys in the big trench outside.... and my captains hat :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

joedrum":1wiyry8x said:
i should have a working window for a few days and hope to get the drainage system in and plumbing for sewer water and electric in ....its been like a made the panama canal through my yard with the trench i dug .....i've been playing gerry with all my steamboat bathtub toys in the big trench outside.... and my captains hat :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:
:smilie_happy:

Looking good, Joe.

For those of you that haven't seen this thing in person, it is MASSIVE!!! I'd love to have some where this large to work.

joedrum":25xaty0w said:
Don't forget the rubber duckies :wave: :wave: :wave:

well things are still swampy and just able to do anything ...one of the reasons im working on the 75 till things get better
image.php

image.php

to bad i didnt get things done before the mud season i hope it ends soon :cheeky: :mrgreen:
image.php

joedrum":2nghfyr9 said:
well things are still swampy and just able to do anything ...one of the reasons im working on the 75 till things get better
image.php

image.php

to bad i didnt get things done before the mud season i hope it ends soon :cheeky: :mrgreen:
image.php
I would call it more like quicksand season :mrgreen: Nothing better than to work on the 75 to keep mind occupied :rocks:

well ive got some stuff to work on the doors with ...the doors are going to be big 16ft tall 9ft wide...two on each end ...18ft opening when both doors open on one end.....the hinges will be made of some 4" water pipe i found thats made of cast iron and concrete line on the inside ...the salvage people wont take it cause of the concrete lined part .....these pipes will extend all the way from top to bottom of the door ...the pipe will be fasten top and bottom above annd below door ....it will swing from the pipe ...so in effect its a one piece hinge ....witch will take all the slop associated with regular hinges ....this sould realy tame the doors to where i dont think they will cause any problems from there size ...and sould operate smoothly and seal tight when close...

tomarrow i will take some pics ....snowy rainy and cold today im trashed :beer: :ahem: :mrgreen:

heres acouple pics of the door hinge for the 16ft tall 9ft wide door
image.php

this is at ground level those are 4x6s ...the center one is chisled out for the pipe to go through and down into the groud quit a ways ...the beel end you see flares out a grips the 12x6 treated collar ....above the bell is a pipe that slips in the joint and gose the entire length of the door and also the framing up above
image.php

this is a pic of the pole from way back so you can see how tall it is if you look to the right of the pole you see where ive cut part of the door up the side the bottom has been cut also accross both dorrs on this end

basicly the pole will be solidly attached to the door big time ....and the pipe and the door will rotate together inside the bell at the bottom and a top pivot that not there yet the pole is just bearly strap to the door framing with metal straping about 6ft up...when done there will be no outside hardware at all ....some heavy duty door :mrgreen:

Latest posts