new doghouse under construction.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea chas the nose gose around your neck ....we used to do somthing like that for fun .....long time ago a bunch of us got fired for for not wearing the safty harnesses unless we were jumping down three floors to lunch .....the suiters fired us all ...then they came back and beged us to return ....that was my last job i did after that it was like law to wear those dangerous things called safty harness....the skill and balance it took to do that work was totaly disrotroyed after that and work realy slowed down to a point i never wanted to do it again .....

talk about unsafe and stupid put osha in charge :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

lord standley need to watch his products better chas that ladder is junk :mrgreen:

I know it is from 1972...but I had to post it!
osha-cowboy.jpg

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :thanks:

well they say a picture is worth a thousand words .....it sure is in this case .....i couldnt have put it any better than that picture .....thats great gerry ...people wonder why this country cant scratch its own butt..... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :hihihi: :hihihi: :ahem: :mrgreen:

well guys it my birthday today and i got some metal today for the doghouse and it appears to be all that i need ....its funny how things work out the people that were helpimg me with the metal had no idesa it was my birthday ....how cool is that ....the guy that help me is very rich and i ended up getting 3000$ worth of metal for 1500$ ...this is completely paid for now at this price ...so im realy having a good day today ....im will be working on the doghouse now and sould be able to get it completly enclosed.....im having a party :party: :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :yahoo: :yahoo: :good: :lust: :mrgreen:

im wasteing no time in putting things together ...on the doghouse no telling how musch time i have of good conditions ... so things start today ...im going to try and get the pics thing straiten out hopefuly with dans help and patty getting together obviously im not up to the job ...im fired and totaly comsumed with the doghouse witch will on ly make me more incompitant on the the pics :shock: :mrgreen: :cheeky:

so today it starts bigtime :builder: and maybe the pics thing comes along id hate not to get some pics of the doing :mrgreen:

joedrum":2iwob5jq said:
well ive got all the trussess up. days ago, but putting the pictures up on the forum is alot harder and i had to wait for my daughter to help me.
:party: picture posting crew :)

this is my wife and i with our dogs.

with one of the trees i cut down, i chained it to front end loader back hoe and used it as a sky hook for my block and tackle.
i used it to pull the trusses up.
i wanted to get a picture of it in action, but i was too busy to operate the camera and pull the truss up at the same time.

this is a picture of the brains behind the project.
im rewarding their supervision.

At's a purtty big house fer those liddel doggies, ain't it? :whistling: :headscratch: :music3:

yah its a big doghouse ....i had plans to bring home one of those four wheeled dogs they call greyhounds .....its just the right size for that.....

today its out to dig a drainage line around the building while putting up the metal as i go ....kinda slow proccess but nessary for the inside foor and building drainage

things are going good but its wearing me down big time ......looks like its going to be a nice day ....out to work i go

joedrum":1ygc6jqh said:
yah its a big doghouse ....i had plans to bring home one of those four wheeled dogs they call greyhounds .....its just the right size for that.....

today its out to dig a drainage line around the building while putting up the metal as i go ....kinda slow proccess but nessary for the inside foor and building drainage

things are going good but its wearing me down big time ......looks like its going to be a nice day ....out to work i go

:cool: Man one of those early 60s Scenic Cruisers would be awesome!!! Any way good luck work safe. GEO. :cool!:

well another nice day here ...im going to start the othe side of the building today ....i will takessome pics today ....i love digging not...but drainage is most important part of the building for keeping the inside dry .... :mrgreen:

you have done an Amazing job there Joe.... thats a BIG Building and a BIG Job .....for 1 man . you do good work my friend.

well im back on the job today...after a down spell....working on the back end of the building .....for the esental covering im going to make the the ends with no doors this will be faster and well give me a chance to experience the building like a huge close end building and tighter for the winter...

anyway nice day and glad to be able to work some still very sore from head to toe :mrgreen:

ill try and take some pics today :headscratch: :mrgreen:

some picsdownhill side of the building ...you can see the tree is going to winter through the building this yr
image.php

this is the uphill side with a lot of 77 in it.... :lust:
image.php

a better pic of uphill side
image.php

the dang leaves are falling
image.php

the weather been nicr and things cant stay like this much longer :builder: :mrgreen:

Ohhhhhh man , that looks good...and I know doing it yourself saved you a pile of money .. I bet to Have a building that size built would cost $100,000 now days Or More . thats a Great Job Joe. :music:

Latest posts