new to me oldwing 77 1000

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes maybe all the sudden now it ran for thirty minutes with no problem it never did that before ...so im thinking i may have fix it with the flood of of cleaners i shot into the starter button ...im so glad its running again with the button out ...im thinking i might put the relay on the 83 now wher it actualy is an easy hook up ....im thinking of keeping points on the 77 ...and will do a ignition mod to the mongrel 1200 project that will be dyna coil equip ...at least now i know how to get the best out of a dyna setup ...better than whats normal hookup :mrgreen:

been on one ride kinda so so in running performace ...but it did come home on its own ....today i just ran it some and it seemed to run and rev realy well ill ride it later to see if it dose better than yesterday...im thinking its still getting used to running after its its 20yr nap it had ...fornt brakes sticking some also ...seems to be a real tight motor of realy low miles 24,000 i think ...im rather pleased so far with it i had forgotten how nimble the 1000s are compared to 1100s and there longer wheel base its a fun ride seems the atf is starting to work on it some

just ran it again fpr about 15minutes ....cranked right up with choke released immediately and it ran rather perfect id say ....ran realy well especialy after it warmed a bit .... seems to be getting better all the time ....theres a little valve noise so next move is to adjust the valves after while ....man this motor is tight no chain noise at all ...this vintage 1000s have no tensioner at all on primary chain ....that is very solid known now i like having....then will run some more ....things on list are front brake issue ....fuel and tempeture gauge dont work.....hmmm getting close .... :mrgreen:

iwent after my brakes today and did the rehab in a sort of fast way it was obvious from checking the brake pressure on the calipers that it was one side that was sticking real bad that eliminated the return hole as the culprip ....from there i took the brakes off one side at a time ...starting with bad side first ...loosen the brake caliperscrews and held the threaded sleeve with very good channel locks i use as not mar oe damage caliper block stop ...iwas manditory they were putin with kind of gook and were realy hard to get out .....then after that i used a good c clamp and a piece of rubber truck flap as to protect caliper and work the piston al the way in...then loosen some on clamp and pumped brake to clamp several times back and forth till it got easier then started to put back ...i got the goo crap off the caliper screws by dipping in oil and using to two scews to clean each other threads to threads it works well to do that and is perfect scew cleaning technic ...then did other side also.....

heres some pics....i need too get a sheild for it i want to ride it some ....im thinking maybe a batwing like riff raffs and a street fighter seat ...but that takes funds i dont have right now ...the 77 and the 83 got rained on while i was gone with jpwinger delivering Vs 75 and kaw 750

image.php

image.php

Ya I was jsut looking at that too - does the engine guard double as a center stand, does it flip up out of the way? :rocks: :music:

its a seperate after market drive off centerstand..... i havent got use to to it yet but seems to big pluss and a few minuses but they maybe adjusted right it will be better not there yet.....i will try and get things more and more the way i can ...im thinking of stuff i have that i can use to do up the bike....maybe a cut down vetter sheild and street fighter seat hmmmmmm

Latest posts