What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve sent me the original license plate off the Rats Nest which I left in Altadena plus a 140 mph speedo
Mounted up the original plate plus my new QLD plate( bolted not cable tied). May have issues with LEOs as we are not supposed to have 2 plates, hopefully they will find better things to do. Started to swap out speedos and ran into problems, extra wires on the 80mph original and when straightening the odometer reset arm on the 140mph broke the arm :(

Not sure with my new plate number if I am supposed to be from Kentucky or I just need lubricating :smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=111422#p111422:i1olxveu said:
Ansimp » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:09 am[/url]":i1olxveu]
Not sure with my new plate number if I am supposed to be from Kentucky or I just need lubricating :smilie_happy:

Just don't drop the soap! :shock:

Rode it like I owned it, 180 miles of rural 2 lane in South Arkansas and North Louisiana. Knocked out a couple of the civil war trails I'm riding. Suzie ran beautifully. Great day of riding before this week of deep freeze style weather coming through.

Finally finished the rear hump on the cafe-style seat for the Hunley. Ground the closed-cell hard foam to shape, then covered with 1/2" carpet pad. Will probably add one more layer of pad after I build up the actual seating area with pad. I've decided to do my own upholstery sewing and all, so the old 1892 Singer has been rewired and checked out. I did some practice with it and things look hopeful! Last week, only one day was rideable. Maybe weather will finally improve after this week.

"Love 'em all.... Let God sort 'em out!"

Did a short 50 mile jaunt... about to roll it to 107k, 4k are mine since I got her in August. Runs even smoother with the recent carb sync :)

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=111649#p111649:tkg2pa18 said:
sean14 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:37 am[/url]":tkg2pa18]
Did a short 50 mile jaunt... about to roll it to 107k, 4k are mine since I got her in August. Runs even smoother with the recent carb sync :)
Yeah, they do run sweet after a sync.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=111662#p111662:10hgokhp said:
dan filipi » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:02 am[/url]":10hgokhp]
Looked at the bike, then at the 1200 engine on the floor, then at the 1100 engine in the bike and thought, "your days are numbered!
LOL!

Installed a new battery
Synced the carbs on my 1200A
Found the problem with the decrease air button not working (plugged it in and it works... It has to be plugged in, go figure)
Ordered a new fuel filter from the local Honda Shop (Hopefully fixes the puking problem when rolling on the throttle in 4th and 5th gears)
I was going to put the bottom half of the fairing back together but it really needs new rubber bushings and some new hardware. Hopefully the dealer has some.

Spent some time on the clutch master cylinder, the very VERY tiny metal flapper in there came loose and was floating around freely, put it back where it was supposed to be.

Checked the sparkplug caps, need at least 2 new ones so may as well do them all.

Much much more to go through but I ran out of time, only had the bike a little more than a week, still finding all the little gremlins.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=111601#p111601:iy322y9a said:
zman » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:37 pm[/url]":iy322y9a]
Tagged it up for another year...84 bucks.

Just did my '79 for 83 bucks. Last year it was 82.

Finished the forks and reinstalled them. Now I need to finish putting the front end back together so the bike can hold itself up while I pull the motor out. C5 is just around the corner... I may have to ride it a few days first though.

Hooked the 1200 engine to the lift, spun it around an pulled the front cover. Cleaning gaskets off,
Hate this part.

image.php