what did you do today

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=222181#p222181:wa0c87ox said:
detdrbuzzard » Sun May 16, 2021 4:30 pm[/url]":wa0c87ox]
after partying with Bella for most of the day yesterday i was too pooped to do anything today
file.php

lol. The energy of little ones is amazing. You really have to pace yourself - especially if the facetime is an entire day!

Sold the '06 1800 as we have a new Spyder to seek adventure on. Mixed feelings there. Family took the daughter's pup of 15 years to the vet for the final time. Very sad there. He has been a grand dog.

usually when i go to Toledo i don't take the expressway so i left home with the sun going down and took I-96 and then m-14 west out to us-23 then headed south to Toledo. my mission was to see how well the Cardo worked out on the open road. i took the I-475 loop around to I-75 north. i took I-275 north to I-94 east, i was kind of glad to be on I-94 just for the street lights, my left headlight went out somewhere along the way. i took m-39 north then us-12 east and finally Schafer north for home and 152 miles. the packtalk bold worked great, i had no problem hearing it even while doing a ton plus ten

Spent another day down at Hanni's. Got the Poulan tractor finished up...it's running and looking good. Slab's Valk is about ready to be put on the market. I'll take it up and down the road next time but I'm sure everything is OK. Rear tire is leaking and showing some cracking in the sidewall. The next owner will have to take care of that. Slab's KZ750 is now my KZ750. It's just about ready for the ride home. It cleaned up pretty nice considering it had been sitting about 10 years,

Attachments

• KIMG0421.JPG
    KIMG0421.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 109
  • KIMG0418.JPG
    KIMG0418.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 112
  • KIMG0427.JPG
    KIMG0427.JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 112
Put the lowered seat and did some front brake bleeding on the 1200.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Nothing too stressful. Started to put together a project binder for the past year regarding the painting of the 1500, painting of the 1200 and the 1200 engine rebuild. Did a lot of work.

The school job today got bumped til tomorrow so I felt ambitious to see why the KLR is hesitating but decided to go back inside after feeling the temp outside. 84 already and soon to be 100. Worse tomorrow.

On Monday, I went for my annual ride with my cousin, Paul, from Phoenix. He rents a bike off https://www.twistedroad.com/. At home, his bike is a budget Harley. This year he rode a new-ish Triumph Bonneville T-100. Since his riding is all city and desert, my mandate is trees and the color green. And no interstates. We picked up the bike in New Haven at 9:00, and took the shortest route to the country up Rte.17N to Middletown. Crossed the bridge over the Connecticut River, ran Rte.66E to Hebron, then ran a number of roads to the top edge of the state and made a right onto Rte.190E. We should have gotten the Triumph gas, because that was the last time we saw a gas station for over 2 hours. Headed east to the corner and another right onto Rte.169S. When we got desperate, we stopped at a firehouse with an open door and the fellas pointed us to gas a couple miles away. Paul poured 3.35 gals into a 3.5 gal. tank. Yikes! We wondered west from the outskirts of Norwich to the Ct River ferry, rode that across and picked up Rte.80W all the way back to New Haven, dropping the bike off at 6:30. 220 miles and never left the state. (Paul doesn't wear a helmet RI & MA have helmet laws) I only took a couple of pix. We found Nathan Hale is buried in Coventry. Paul has a thing for old New England cemeteries.
IMG_20210621_113918741.jpg

IMG_20210621_144224298.jpg

My poor imitation of William's travelogues.

Latest posts