New big dog project coming ..

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok no pics sorry but some good developments...the bus was spotting oil ..the motor itself was overful in the crankcase ...so found out oil pan had a full level drain plug ...drained that down ..went 300 miles in it on. A trip ...noticed it was still spotting oil but not near as bad ..got under it one day cleaned everything up and found the leak a bit later and it was a hose that comes from the oil pan ...after looking it over the hose goes to the altinator .it is huge and obviously oil cooled
..basically our oldwings Stators are oil cooled ..but I'm still amazed as the oil line is like 3/4" I'd hose ...havnt found one yet might have to have one made ..

This all great news to me cause I seen no indication of leaky injectors getting diesil in crankcase ..motor looking sweet.....

As far as the outside goes the paint is alive ..after shining it up good it's maintaining great ...so it's good to go as is ..maybe later the plan may be to wrap it in vinyl..this is done a lot on coach buses ..thats for down the road after bus conversion proves its worth ...

On the inside ..im diffinitly in the dismantle mode ...basically working at the top travel carrier space on both sides ..either to remove completely or modify ..hopfully I'll figure out pics soon ...

3/4” hose on the alternator should only be a return hose. Somewhere there should be a pressure feed. Sounds like it is really shaping up Joe. :salute:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=218305#p218305:1tn96m2y said:
Ansimp » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:01 pm[/url]":1tn96m2y]
3/4” hose on the alternator should only be a return hose. Somewhere there should be a pressure feed. Sounds like it is really shaping up Joe. :salute:

Yah ..i hadn't thought that much on it yes it has to be a return line ....there is a hose about 1/4 inch that's feeds it ..

I also seen harbour freight has a bike dolly now that might be modded to load my bike in the bus and move it around easy 100 bucks...the wheelchair lift is rated at 600lbs so it will lift my bike if rigged to load it on platform ...

Posting these pics for Joe from his cell phone:

This 1 of 2 inside AC units
image.php

Condenser unit outside
image.php

Compressor unit, 3 cylinder. 24 Volt oil cooled alternator to the left
image.php

Thanks Dan ...yes considering 55 people could be on this bus AC. had to be huge ..this unit could power all homes but the largest I'd say ..i probably won't use this on the bus but will maybe use it for a nice shop maybe ..you can see I'm going through dismantling overhead storage compartments ...

Wow this is 45ft has no squeaks or groans while travelling..each side of bus has 24 neon lights to light things up ...many pieces and parts all put together to be noiseless..these anti gravity doors and all are something ..not sure I'm going to use it on the bus but I'm not tearing anything up

Seems fasteners and robots were use ..along with aluminum and pressed steel parts makes good squeakless holding power ...as far as the lights go I want to use them ..there are switches on the dash to operate them ..and the lighting is superb them super superb with all 48 going ..system is all 24 volt ...i had to use about every trick in the book to get this dismantled unharmed ..

This bus also has a 8 channel video monitoring system all wire in cable going to try and save that and use it but I don't have it all ..no monitor....i will try and get pics figured out I'm taking lots of pics with my tablet..

Well yes many I'd have it all documented if I could put up pics ..I was very good taking things apart and saving stuff it has help me hugely with fasteners and such ..I ended up mostly stripping the inside overhead baggage compartments ..the AC system involved to that point ..video system
.and all the wiring for such stuff ..this was huge job ..also stripping walls down to bare bone structural condition ..turned the roof metal over on the inside and put glue covered side up so there was fresh metal everywhere ..in side rather am clean out so far the restroom is still in place it's stainless steel and has sink ...the wheelchair door was made bigger it's open to 50" wow what a job that was ...also I custom made a trailer hitch for the bus also welded up a device that will hold hooch on the back of the bus it fits in the trailer hitch when used ...one of the weak spots on thare buses is the rear end ..the motor right there ..so I turned the rubber coated bumper that looks rather substantial and turned it into a really substantial rear super bumper and motor protector ..really nice work done there ..plus it can pull any trailer ..my mighty mouse kubota will actually load up in my bus now if I want to with the door increase ...I done a lot of things not really mention but this is basically where it's at now ..work in progress

I am going to pick up this thread again ...lots of things have happen that has pUT the motorhome project on hold ..we lost our elected president in a coup and this FJB ILLEGAL DICKTATOR has trashed this country completely ..as far as the bus goes its been vinyl in carbon fiber wrap ...but on the inside I havnt done much FJB inflation has made things to expensive to buy fuck that ..but I have a plan ..I am going strip the inside down to frame ..still removing stuff not needed..overall I would say I have removed 5000lbs of stuff not needed and there more to go lol ...when done on this phase bus will be striped down to frame everything cleaned up and prep for paint and painted in battle ship grey ..that's what there from bus build ...very close to getting there ..

I am going to pick up this thread again ...lots of things have happen that has pUT the motorhome project on hold ..we lost our elected president in a coup and this FJB ILLEGAL DICKTATOR has trashed this country completely ..as far as the bus goes its been vinyl in carbon fiber wrap ...but on the inside I havnt done much FJB inflation has made things to expensive to buy fuck that ..but I have a plan ..I am going strip the inside down to frame ..still removing stuff not needed..overall I would say I have removed 5000lbs of stuff not needed and there more to go lol ...when done on this phase bus will be striped down to frame everything cleaned up and prep for paint and painted in battle ship grey ..that's what there from bus build ...very close to getting there ..
You got that right diaper boy is ruining this nation bought some hydraulic motor seals used to this part would have cost me $125 now it's $258

image.php

Ok. Let's get this out quick ..before I went one mile in this thing I hit a park car ..i just dealt with insurance company..tjat woke me up for sure
image.php

RV rather strait and HD
image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

two huge radiators with air cult drive super setup they are above the motor at 6 to10 foot level
image.php

Nice size turbo 97 seems to be perfetd year set up. Very HD after this year they went to two turbo setup. That proved. Not ad good

image.php

Motor used no oil in 3000 miles hard to beat that in 22yr old
Very nice