New big dog project coming ..

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!!! :shock: I was thinking something like those airport shuttle busses.

I thought of Sandra Bullock in the movie "Speed" when you said you hit a parked car.

Hooch needed a friend, he now has a Greyhound!

Wow. Just wow.

Lol on the parked car. I tugged fifth wheels around for years when the kids were growing up. I remember grumbling to a Class A jockey about the trouble getting into a particular spot in a campground once. He said, "At least yours bends in the middle!"

Yes. There are hundreds of controls and circuits, I'd have to develop a real understanding of them all.

BTW, the top left brake light was out. I didn't mention it earlier because the lower was working.

Ahhhhh
So it really is a modified bus. I was expecting more RV like interior (after all RVs are also heavily modified buses, right?)
And the rest room is also standard equipment..
Where is the wheelchair lift?

Must be really fun building a house inside. LOL

Damm Joe can’t you lane split just like Hooch! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=216879#p216879:1w3ggeha said:
desertrefugee » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:55 pm[/url]":1w3ggeha]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=216877#p216877:1w3ggeha said:
skiri251 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:59 pm[/url]":1w3ggeha]

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Joe has that covered...

Yeah... after seeing the dog house in Indiana and the house in Florida, I have to agree.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=216899#p216899:3bpufb0m said:
brianinpa » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:09 am[/url]":3bpufb0m]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=216879#p216879:3bpufb0m said:
desertrefugee » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:55 pm[/url]":3bpufb0m]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=216877#p216877:3bpufb0m said:
skiri251 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:59 pm[/url]":3bpufb0m]

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Joe has that covered...

Yeah... after seeing the dog house in Indiana and the house in Florida, I have to agree.

Are you guys saying that I thought Joe didn't think about building his own interior?

I say it again.
Must be really fun building a house inside.

I have no money, parking space for the bus but if I do, it will be really fun building the interior to my liking.

Okay, so include as the cleaning... nix the unit numbers and Santa Barbara from the brow, so you don't have people trying to climb on board while you're fueling at Flying J... :smilie_happy:

But you'll need to put something 'more decorative' in it's place. I'm not certain WHAT you'd put there, but perhaps... with the dolphins and palm trees, if it said "Jimmy Buffet and the Coral Reefers"... but that might get you lots of 'level-1 inspections' by K9 troopers...

I THINK the wheelchair portal is through the starboard wall, about 10ft aft of the door... but the lower storage locker appears to be uninterrupted, like mebbie the wheelchair operator had been removed, and now it's just an emergency exit??

I dunno, but with that chassis, it'd be just as easy to mount a modified Tommy Lift on the back bumper, and instead of a flat plate, just use a heavy piece of channel iron, and some clamp-arms, just ride the bike on, put securing pins through, push the button up, lock it in place, and head down the road... Mebbie fit a partial covering cowl (something that doesn't obstruct the radiator flow), so that when up, the bike is mostly protected from weather?

Hey Joe- does it have a generator? If not... figure out what your average and peak electrical load will be, and I'll see if I can scare 'ya up a unit that'd run AC, and provide heat...

Dave no generator yet ...as far as wheelchair lift gosevmy favorite girlfriend is handicapped it purpose is mostly for her if she gets well enough to want to go travel and see things ... Plus it brings in two doors to the setup ...hey spirit in sure the guys were just blabbing about things I've done and yes will be neat to see what comes of all this ..one thing for for sure the starting point looks superb ...thanks all

I see the door for the mechanism in the luggage area. Has Joe tested it out yet? Probably. Will it lift an oldwing? Doubtful. Could it be modified to? I'm sure Joe could pull it off. But, I think the bus is only 8' wide, and as I remember a GoldWing is longer than that overall. Would have to be jockeyed to an angle as it rolls in, and there would have to be a folding platform that loads it. That would pretty well mess up the lift for Joe's friend's use. Still, it is fun to conjecture about what can and will be done. I know it will be entertaining!

I have tested the lift once while in California..it work ..I doubt I’ll do anything to the lift to use on bike ...but there many things it can be used for decides wheelchair..platform is rather big to put things in RV ...

Government compliance service to get tag and change title is a nightmare in Florida as it was in California also ...hoping to get an appointment Monday all has to be done on Internet ...totally insane how non compliant these services are ..starting with claiming there open when not ...waited on phone for a hour trying to get a human on the phone ...to be told the real story on things ...I’m not even going there it’s so ridiculous ....

Anyway here some pics ..after I pressured wash the the RV

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

Latest posts