New big dog project coming ..

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes wheel chair lift works that way yes..hopefully got appointment with tag and title place to move the legalities along in this pandimic environment...today going after the inside ..ive already went after restroom with bleach through cleaning ...have to drain some oil put of motor as its overfull ...that will be tomorrow job. Ad well as checking air conditioner out ..what a massive unit it is ..have a fresh water tank to clean up also for sink lavatory ..nicely all done in restroom with all stainless steel ...my my the jobs here are on the HD order as this thing is so big ..

Will try and get video of wheelchair lift today ...tested it yesterday or better put ..I figured it out ..it operates good it seems ..doesn’t look like it was ever used much ...has a posted capacity of 600lbs ..that’s rather heavy duty ...what a great feature to have ...be no struggle getting stuff in and out of RV ....oh my the cleaning up the inside is a huge job ....

Isn’t that true mike ....still trying to get plates ..another appointment Thursday ....this virus war is something else ...so I’ve been removing letters and number crap all over the bus ..and buffing out paint ...

image.php

image.php

The Santa Barbara is off there Brian it should buff out good there haven’t been there with buffer yet ...

Sadly, that beautiful cleaning job on the front will soon collect about a gazillion love bugs. I'd buy hydrogen peroxide by the gallon and put it in a garden prayer.

Yes it is 45ft long ...and yes love bugs will slaughter the front ...as I ran into some kind desert bug on the trip home that wasn’t love bugs but every bit as bad ..that had to be cleaned every fuel stop ...temps were right at 100-102 trucks were really taking a beating as radiators were more a problem than there windshields ....really nice radiator on bus is in rear and no bug problem at all ...on the plus side the front basically flat and no problem cleaning it ....I’m not much on the blue stripes but I’ll have to live with that for awhile ..I’d rather it all be white with a bit of black ..to go with the black bumpers and wheel shields ..would like to make some sun shields for the windows ..kind of like the BOSS 302 mustangs were done ..that blocks the sun coming through but you can see out ...that should drop inside temps 10 to 15 degrees inside bus on sunny days ...that will be down the road some ...I’ve seen some buses that have that it looks like maybe they can be bought ..I’m not sure ...I’ve seen some buses like this actually older that have been RV done sailing for 10 times what I’ve got into this ..on the low side ...and some that sale for 1/2 a million ....and others that sale for a million ..my my my but they are new factory built ..but on the same frame as mine ..powered by the drive set up ...so basically this set up is top of the line ...the off the grid set up taken to level of Tesla car level can make this thing really hi tech lithium powerhouse that makes power when sitting still need no generator ..the truth is the alternator on this bus can power and charge things also in a big way ..so possibility’s are huge and I’m leaning towards all electric set up ...

There's a clear windshield film, legal here in Ca that stops UV and blocks damn near all the heat. The shop where my son got his truck side windows done has it.
An option maybe.

Yes it’s looking better thanks ..but this pic is the best looking to me so far

image.php

How wonderful tagged and titled as a motor home ...let the project begin with all legal hoops jumped through ...very pleased the long time getting here is over ...beautiful orange sunshine tag ..sheesh paint job is flawless I’d like the bus to match lol in paint job quality

Loving it

Well now Gerry ..I at least am at the level of being able to think about it now as card is on the table with no others in front of it ....I must say I really enjoy the artistry of the MCI DL3 coach ...over the previous models they made ...very well put together and tight ..the d
Bus holds its environment well and this is noticeable even in Florida weather ...with all the windows it doesn’t heat up much they are tinted well ..there are four t tracks in bus that run full length ..two in floor and one on each sidewalk above return air vents...anything could be locked in securely from these points ...the over head baggage compartment are super except for one thing there to big as in deep ..doors open up out of the way with great hardware .. so the plan is maybe cut all this down .to smaller size ..they also have lights that light the whole coach up ....and supply air conditioning and heat to coach ...I’ll probably do that part differently ..so I’m thinking of making lights and storage a cut down version of what’s there ..that will make the floor space all useable and no lower cabinets ...as for bath I’m thinking of sinking a tub into the storage bay with a lid that when closed will be floor space also ..the vision here is not a family ride deal ..I’ve raise all my kids ..theme will be open up as possible ..I never make so called plans or drawing ever ..I just do what comes to me while I’m doing it ..the smart hands are pretty dam good at finding the right path in the moment ...thank god for my first wife father ..he didn’t teach how to do something ...he taught me to be able to do any dam thing I want ...I was going to learn that or die ..there was no other option PERIOD ...well I didn’t die but I about did it was a close fight ...what a education I relate it to how to live and not die in a jungle or desert or anything in between lol...

Well still cleaning up and disassembly going on ..working mostly on overhead cabinets ..nice stuff and hardware ..really try to use them if possible

Mic likes t brackets ..me too ..

Latest posts