new doghouse under construction.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alllllllrighty then ... looking great Joe . Ohhhhhh are you building Dan a bedroom in there too ????? looks like there will be plenty of room. , I can't think of anywhere that would be a better place to Hang Out , I could really learn something hanging out around your place Joe. :music:

hope you can make it sledge to the august meet and greet ...sould be fun...play some music ...and whatever else seems fun to do :party: :music2: :music: :popcorn: :salute: :beer: :hihihi:

joedrum":1g6bzdxi said:
heres acouple pics of the door hinge for the 16ft tall 9ft wide door
image.php

this is at ground level those are 4x6s ...the center one is chisled out for the pipe to go through and down into the groud quit a ways ...the beel end you see flares out a grips the 12x6 treated collar ....above the bell is a pipe that slips in the joint and gose the entire length of the door and also the framing up above
image.php

this is a pic of the pole from way back so you can see how tall it is if you look to the right of the pole you see where ive cut part of the door up the side the bottom has been cut also accross both dorrs on this end

basicly the pole will be solidly attached to the door big time ....and the pipe and the door will rotate together inside the bell at the bottom and a top pivot that not there yet the pole is just bearly strap to the door framing with metal straping about 6ft up...when done there will be no outside hardware at all ....some heavy duty door :mrgreen:
It really looks nice in there joe :yes:

you can say that again ....thats a lot of work for 10 men right there . Rock On Joe . :music: :music: :music: :music:

well the door is cut out ....all the way around ,,,iwas surprised that it didnt move one bit with only a couple screws holding the top pivot ....it is probably falling out the hole while im typing this :hihihi: anyway i havnt tried to open it yet as i need to buy a sheet of plywood to finish the pole locking into the door ...

at the top where the top pivot is will be mounted a turnbuckle of great size to have total control of the the door adjusting ....this will work good as it seems to be coming out ...its hot now and im taking a break ...put up some pics later maybe :mrgreen:

ribs are fine now dan ...im glad the basic door is up and looks to be all i wanted it to be and do ...when done it well seal completely and swing bothways in or out ....im pleased :mrgreen:

well its become obvious that door is going to work great ...sooooo its my plan to attack the other door so the threshold can be built ......and the whole door can be in its full potencial ....so thats whats going on today for me its getting hot and id like to get this done before its starts getting hard for me....im so pleased it work oyt so well ....there have been some people out and they all seem super impressed with the door as it sits now ....ive got a good plan for the drive up ramp and theshold deal ...looking forward to drive in access ...... :builder: :mrgreen:

Latest posts