new doghouse under construction.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:builder: ive had a few good days on the doghouse and will have the second door done soon ...ive got most of the digging and stump removing that had to be done for the door....first door is passing all the test for superb top knotch door im capeable of doing ..so im well pleased and cant wait to get the other door done so the doors can swing out and i can get to the threshold entry :mrgreen:

well i finaly got the bell end of pipe mounted in the foundation and ground and cut the pipe to size ...and me and patty stood it up and in the bell so now all i have to do is frame it in and cut out that door also for it to open ...both doors :Egyptian: :builder: :mrgreen:

That "lil doghouse" has been a huge project. Like most of our bikes I doubt it will ever really be finished.

I just read through the whole thread. joedrum that is a HUGE undertaking and kudos to you for your vision, drive, and determination. What are you plans for finishing off the interior? Will you leave it at a dirt floor or pour a concrete pad in all/part of it?

my plans are mostly changing with what comes along ....im detb free on it to this point and it will remain that way ....on the interior it will probably be a smooth out dirt floor its better on the feet anyway ...i have drains all the way around the building to stop seeping .....past that im just not there yet so i dont think about what im not doing keeps me sharper on stuff i am doing....boy you must have spent some time this thread is getting long and the project is long also ...but that a small price for detb free existance it at now...thanks for the kind words

Yes that is SOME Dog House Joe . BIG .........and , to build that all by yourself , AND end up Debt Free is REALLY saying something . I do things the same way , do it as I can afford it , thats why my Trike has took so long... but, in the End it's always worth it . and that whole thing where you can say........ I Did It ........ is worth any price and all the hard work. my hat is off to you my Brother.

:hi:

thanks sledge ...im realy glad to where im at now ...all that time trying to get metal and materials i could afford ..even screws have stop me they cost so much now days ....maybe the trike and the doghouse get done about the same time....

im just getting things done it seems now and sould be good for meet and greet in late august ...hope you can make it sledge i realy want to meet you and your wife if she can make it ....

thanks for the kind words and they zip i need sometimes to keep at it come from my classic friends we all have here :builder: :mrgreen: :salute: :heat: ......august :party:

joedrum":sxnyonh2 said:
thanks sledge ...im realy glad to where im at now ...all that time trying to get metal and materials i could afford ..even screws have stop me they cost so much now days ....maybe the trike and the doghouse get done about the same time....

Ya I know what ya mean Joe - those darned screws they do cost so much, I am so glad I got remarried and stay away from those now!!

ok finaly got some work done the doors are open ...ran into a problem that had to be worked on ...cost about a days work to get doors to do what i wanted ...witch was open out ....heres some pics ......
image.php

image.php

pics of the grounds and woods out back the building
image.php

theres like 16ft clearence between doors...with the left door just now hitting the ground ...you ca see why the doors had tp off the ground alot to allow access for opening..
image.php

image.php

the pipe bells well be set up to adjust up and own some to adjust door for up and down .....the tops will be adjustable too side to side ...im wel pleased its done and it looking good in the integrity scale of lasting long and troublr free .... :mrgreen:
image.php

image.php

well ive been finishing up on the edges of the doors the last few days ...there was a hard part to get by and i did ...

so the the originial throught is actualy done now it was always to get the done covered and doors up ....and then ill figure what to do from there so this is a good day for me ...the original quest is over ..... :Egyptian: