new doghouse under construction.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes they do ,,,sheeesh then came the rain just now getting the trench looking good ....so no pics yet ....seem good so far the drain will about 6" deeper at least im hoping this makes bug differeence ...consintrating on building ,,,lots i can do with just my labor ...so its the only thing i can do :builder: :mrgreen:

sheesh i found the water problem ...its a spring that leacking bigtime right beside the upperhill side of the building .....fought the flow of the spring over the last few days digging the trench out actualy useing the flow to help cut the path ....put the drain as deep as i dare ....good thing i built the building like a huge one piece structure or im sure the building would have sunk some ....anyway im beat up pretty bad getting this done ...digging is rough to man up on ...in a job like this ...and that the outcome could still be not enough ....still have to fill in soon but the drain is in place ...im certaimly glad thats done :heat:

Yep, where's all the help when you really need it, right ? I know what ya saying, takes me couple days to get back up to speed after doing jobs like your doing too. Hope it fixes your problem with the water, hang in there.

yeah take your time Joe , don't kill yourself , or hurt yourself so bad you can use or enjoy the Dog House after all this work . . . :good:

joedrum":24iwm31h said:
im taking it really slow right now ..... i want to use it for sure .... :mrgreen:
So long as Hooch is rideable in time for the meet,
No pressure :mrgreen:

well today its seems i might get the drain in accross the doors ...this is huge ...it will be possible to put threshold in after that ....not to sure how im doing that ...but ready is better than not ready ....some pics today i think ...if the camera is up on batteries

well it finally quit snowing and raining......sheesh so now im trying to fill the trench up with gravel accross the doorway ....shows promise of helping the drainage issue....i think the atlandtic and pacific ocean leak and comes out on my hilltop here in indiana ..... :shock: :hihihi:

okay pics here ...this is when the problem was first stared you can see the standing water
image.php

so this is a pic after idug all the drain up and put it in deeper
image.php

this a pic where i dug a trench accross the back where doors are gravel and all so i can build threshold now its ready
image.php

image.php

more pics ..all you seen so far even the trench with all the lines in it will
drain line too ...right to the house ...then hooked into front drainage system that will drain to other side of drive now istead of ditch out front that just never dried out before ...drain on other side of drive will be no problem and sould really dry up the yard i hope
image.php

this is a pic of ehere i crossed the drive and up to where the Y was to hook to
image.php

this is a pic from the Y to the front ditch wher i dug up the old drain to move it to cross the drive ....needless to say im happy things are moving alone lots of work here
image.php

Joe with all your great projects I am surprised that we didn't see an Oldwing trencher attachment :smilie_happy: