new to me oldwing 77 1000

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some pics of the 77

image.php

image.php

you can see that front stand again and how rough the and dirty and rusty it is
image.php

you can see the dyna coils here installed these are the green 3ohm coils
image.php

image.php

even though it looks rough and rusty its just suface rust and frame and all is sound im thinking the carbs are going to take some work to get running everything else seems good and i hope to back working on it soon :builder: :mrgreen:

Way to go Joe.
Hang in there. Your doing it right.
Just think how sweet it will sound when it fires
for the first time. :salute: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Nice find.

im happy to report that the 77 is trying to run ....im thrilled even though im not feeling well ....its cool here today and i just had to do something .....its only trying to run on one cylinder ithink .....afterwards itry tryed to loosen the bowl drains only got two of them loose one was dry ....im thinking that if the carbs were good it would be running period ....debating about changeing carbs out to see if it runs good i think it will ....gas is supplied by a temp tank i put together and is clean ....anyway im thrilled about it... :Egyptian: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Sounds to me like stuck floats. I'd try tapping them a little. If that doesn't work try another carb rack.

im not quite to sure what my next move is ....im just a gas delivery problem away from a goood running bike ....i have choices ....1100 carbs or 77 1000 carbs i will decide soon and in the mean time keep trying to clear the 77 carbs....my temporary gas tank and gravity feed to ccarbs system worked great ....made it from and old plastic lawn mower tank and strap it to the bars to get the gravity feed..... :good:

i hope to get pics soon up soon if i can im just thrilled

:yahoo: Sleeping beauty wakes! I know beauty is in the eye of the beerholder but hey I have mine. :smilie_happy: :clapping:

took the 77 carb rack off today ...first time ive touched them ...every intake boot clamps were loose couldnt tell that with the chrome carb connectors on there .....cleaned the outsides up and took one bowl off it was just snug too ...so im thinking it was a very lean condition going on .....the insides look great at a glance ...but there was at least one carb that was mostly dry....im going to put on a known good 1100 rack to see if the its totaly a gas thing going on like i suspect ....this will comferm that ....i will do this tomarrow ...im pretty sure this will make the 77 run great ....im still thrilled about the condition so far on the motor ....the unknowns are getting smaller trans and clutch on the motor all thats left.....front brakes are empty in fluid ....havnt checked the final drive yet either ....anyway steady moving along....... :mrgreen:

taking a lunch break now but the 1100 carbs are just about on 77 .....this is going to tell it all about the 77 i think ....also been working on the 77 rack also

i have tested them for gas gas flow to all carbs ....that was all good and ihave tested them to see if they stop flow when the floats raise and that was good also having a temp. gas tank has all kinds of uses :mrgreen:

im doing the resurecting wing dance ....oh yea ....running great....what a pleasure it is and thrill to get an oldwing going the motor is fine ....it smoke for awhile not to long though and then cleared up ....revs quick with the 1100 carbs on it ....

down low in the idle zone it is making a noise going to check the sator bolt to be sure its tight ...

boy the mufflers are in great shape its qiet and free flowing ....

having some problems with the thorttle cable adjusting to look into

now i need to work on flushing the gas tank

try to get front brake to fill up and bleed and work

back also

lighhts ...missing outside ring and inner bulb carrier....turn signal wires all cut and hack need to find out where they actualy go on the bike and wired in

check fuel pump and filter maybe new filter

change oil and final drive oil

put on the tupperware clean and go riding :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :yahoo: :salute: :rocks: :eek:k: :yahoo: :mrgreen:

Way to go Joe. Keep it up. Get's your heart a pound'n when ya
get motors fired for the first time. Gets ya excited to do more don't it. :good: :good: :music: :music:

yee haa

thanks for all the supportive comments all....im going to go the electralise [im sure thats spelled wrong] gas tank cleaning in place in the frame ...seems simple enough i hope ive never done it before :headscratch: there maybe all kinds of useage for thiway of doing things ....if things go well im going to do a lot of stuff ....i have a huge tub ...hmmmmlike the mongrel frame and other rusty parts will see ......

well i havnt a clue on where its working or not but its hook up and going :builder:

the tank was terrible as far as rust gose the sender was was covered with rust when i took it out....

im hoping for the best here theres no way im going to hook this up unless the tank i clean realy good with the good carbs on it... :mrgreen:

this works out this is realy going to solve one the biggest problems with oldwings .....getting the old tank cleaned up

i guess i need to try batteries in the camera again dan .....maybe the ones from the doolar store were junk and outdated ....they took 15 or pics and quit ....i keep forgetting to tell patty get some :mrgreen:

Latest posts