What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. Yes I've had quite the first start if the year. Covid-19 this was awful and I'm still experiencing issues from it. Thought I was going to have to sell my bikes (Except the 1000) panic attacks for days and nightmares for a week start. But feeling better and thought I'd get back to my old reliable bike
Ordered brakes complete front and rear calipers and masters. Crash bars are coming soon. A lot of parts went when I sold my 77. But I'm slowly regaining parts sure miss my 78.

Rode the 1500 to werk!! Friday still had snow/ice on the ground, but yesterday and today was cruizin weather!!!

Good morning gentlemen, like to give a shout out to all who said hello. I've been extremely busy and pushing forward to better my situation in life. However I have not forgotten where I came from rental apartments and a Old ratted out GL1000 Honda goldwing. Today I ordered up a complete set of rubber grommets for all of the covers. I have some videos to share once I get to a computer this evening I'll post links to them. Wearing my proud classic gold wings shirt. I also was able to confirm the shipping of all my new brake parts new to me that is. I also ordered a good set of engine guards that look exactly like the ones I used to have on my 78. I think right around another grand it will be roadworthy we shall see.

Tried a new pair of TFI modules on the '79 (my experiment to reduce point wear). These were el cheapos from Amazon. Awful from the get-go. The others that I have are good for about five miles, then they start breaking down (but, IR gun shows them still cool). So, switched back to straight points and condenser. Also found out my '78 GL1000 "Johnny 5" build that I sold to a friend was selected BOM on NGW. Made the buyer very happy. He rides the wheels off of it. My present project, a '76 RD400c got tank and side decals installed today. Discovered that the color doesn't match after installing and removing the protective backing. Not happy about that, but it is probably the way it will stay. It is no show piece, but this adds still another flaw in its appearance.

Well I got the radiator hose's swapped out and also changed the brake calipers. Mounted the 77 brake calipers on the 78 aluminum hangers. Fairing back on. Waiting on parts to come in. Have a great day.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AiXm8SbgE59Q5BmH6

Attachments

• 20210314_114240.jpg
    20210314_114240.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 104
Put the Interstate up for sale. It is a great bike in good shape but being retired now I have to thin my toys down. Still have the Aspencade and a nice Piagio BV 300 to ride and too many other toys to maintain. The scooter is actually fun to ride, handles great and definitely enough power for city driving.

Well I got the bike that much closer. Found out I need to replace the thermostat but I can't remember the part number and I also want to get the fan switch and the temperature sensor replaced but I don't remember those part numbers either. Couple things left got to replace the rear master cylinder. Bled the front brakes clutch is good. Heading to Cletus and cars next weekend actually that's this weekend coming. If you could tell me what those part numbers oh that'd be great. Pics to come soon.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=221629#p221629:1kmzvdlr said:
CRAFTMAN6001 » Yesterday, 5:20 pm[/url]":1kmzvdlr]
Well I got the bike that much closer. Found out I need to replace the thermostat but I can't remember the part number and I also want to get the fan switch and the temperature sensor replaced but I don't remember those part numbers either. Couple things left got to replace the rear master cylinder. Bled the front brakes clutch is good. Heading to Cletus and cars next weekend actually that's this weekend coming. If you could tell me what those part numbers oh that'd be great. Pics to come soon.

Would this help...

https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/galle ... um_id=1874

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1923