What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got my thermostat thermostat switch I guess it's a fan switch. I ordered the temperature sensor voltage regulator or the rectifier I'm not sure which one is the one that has the big plug in it. So the only thing left to order now is a set of valve cover gaskets. The ones I have are leaking they're old. But I must say that the bike runs really well I can't wait to post a video link. The aftermarket parts are Beck arnley for the thermostat and temperature switch the thermostat itself is a Stant. Thanks Mike for the links that helped me get the numbers crossed. And then I found my original orders in my email. Everybody have a great day.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Dussurmk2kd4XAUG8

Actually yesterday, but...
Had to pull the carb rack off "The Turd" again and clean it. Been sitting FAR to long without starting. Last time I fired it up was not promising, so...off they came. Cleaned all the tiny holes of the green corrosion caused by the crappy ethanol laced fuels. One issue I found was the float needle valves on all 4 were stuck...in the full up position, which raises the fuel level in the bowls. Specs call for the floats to be set at 15.5mm....these were more like 10mm. Anywho...got them all cleaned and working properly, and re-set all the floats to 15.5mm. One of the barrel valves/piston was hanging in the bore...seemed to be gummy. That cleaned up fine. It's all back together now, and I'm headed out to get fresh fuel, and stabilizer for it shortly. Time for the annual State Inspection/Registration, so I had to get the durn thing runin on all four again. Just wish I could get SOMEONE to fire the damn thing up every week and let it run, so i wouldn't hafta do this crap every year..... :doh:

This is the #1 cyl intake valve....looks great, eh?

Now look at the #4 intake....not so purdy is it? Crappy fuel sux! The right hand head was replaced after I cracked the bottom boss for the small bolt a few years back, so that is why those valves are still clean....less than 200 miles on that head, where the left side head has quite a few more miles.
(I know...the pic says #2 cyl, but it really is #4)

Got "The Turd" back together, and put 5gal fresh fuel in it, with Stabil 360 fuel stabilizer this time. Fired up and idled sweet, no issues at all. It does seem like cylinder 3 might not be firing as well as the other 3, but it does idle steady, and revs up quickly. Good to go now!

41sSR02kzuL._AC_SY580_.jpg

Well, took that whole thing apart again. Now this time it will be the last time. Found out the gauge is way off. New sensor new used gauge coming. Ordered a round of LED 1157 for the Vetter trunk and BA9'S for the cluster lower and upper. Set the rack vacuum (picked this rack up over 5 years ago) cleared and cleaned. Just need to do the air mix idle setup. Valve cover gaskets are in arrived today. Voltage is 14.4 @ 3K. So left to do is rear brakes and tires with the above stated. Coming together nicely.

Attachments

• 20210404_172120.jpg
    20210404_172120.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 106
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=221749#p221749:2wmuxfnv said:
CRAFTMAN6001 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:42 am[/url]":2wmuxfnv]
Well, took that whole thing apart again. Now this time it will be the last time. Found out the gauge is way off. New sensor new used gauge coming. Ordered a round of LED 1157 for the Vetter trunk and BA9'S for the cluster lower and upper. Set the rack vacuum (picked this rack up over 5 years ago) cleared and cleaned. Just need to do the air mix idle setup. Valve cover gaskets are in arrived today. Voltage is 14.4 @ 3K. So left to do is rear brakes and tires with the above stated. Coming together nicely.
file.php
I do not want to make any assumptions, but are you aware that those meters on the carb sync tool must be zeroed before setting anything on the carbs? I use carb #3 as my baseline carb and then one by one connect a gauge and zero it.

Air fuel mixture screws. By turning them clockwise what effect does it have less air less fuel. By turning the fuel mixture screws counterclockwise does it have more air more fuel. That's one thing I cannot remember. Any help would be great.

Today I fitted a Valkyrie seat on my bike which is a 1200 ltd ,the seat has a Harley handrail fitted to it . It took me about 4 hours to get it to fit right .The seat sits lower than the stock one and feels real comfortable.Why did I change the seat to solo the original seat cover was splitting also I have never taken anyone on the back in 10 years .The seat cost me $60 on ebay and the handrail was $25 . I really like how it came out and way cheaper than a new cover , Behind the seat I have a waterproof bag with my rain gear and my bike cover held in place with a ratchet strap .Now my panniers are empty and the waterproof bag covers the gap behind the seat to the rear rack with my rain gear inside .

Jeff

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=221769#p221769:1mbhyoas said:
PONDORO » Yesterday, 8:10 pm[/url]":1mbhyoas]
Today I fitted a Valkyrie seat on my bike which is a 1200 ltd ,the seat has a Harley handrail fitted to it . It took me about 4 hours to get it to fit right .The seat sits lower than the stock one and feels real comfortable.Why did I change the seat to solo the original seat cover was splitting also I have never taken anyone on the back in 10 years .The seat cost me $60 on ebay and the handrail was $25 . I really like how it came out and way cheaper than a new cover , Behind the seat I have a waterproof bag with my rain gear and my bike cover held in place with a ratchet strap .Now my panniers are empty and the waterproof bag covers the gap behind the seat to the rear rack with my rain gear inside .

Jeff
I'd love to see some pix of that. :useless:

WELL HERE ARE SOME PICTURES BEFORE AND AFTER

Attachments

• DSC_0gold wing.JPG
    DSC_0gold wing.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC_2524.JPG
    DSC_2524.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC_2522.JPG
    DSC_2522.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC_2527.JPG
    DSC_2527.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC_2528.JPG
    DSC_2528.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC_2521.JPG
    DSC_2521.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 141
Today, I am stripping things off of the '06 GL1800 so it goes up for sale. Many things I have added (like trailer hitch) will add no value to the resale. Some things can't really come off like Traxxion Full Monty, Utopia backrest. After getting the tupperware off to permit things to be removed, IT NEEDS A BATH!