Marty's 1981 Goldwing resto

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tough decission ...i like this oldwing build from your perspective ...hard to fine oldwing build from a little younger players ...they sure are great bikes and im sure this one is in good hands .....

joedrum":34it2zb9 said:
tough decission ...i like this oldwing build from your perspective ...hard to fine oldwing build from a little younger players ...they sure are great bikes and im sure this one is in good hands .....

To be honest I breifly looked at Harleys and well, my brother said it best "yesterdays technology at tomorrows prices".

Plus I cannot ride a bike that is tuned for sound instead of performance.

Well put Mad Dog. I kinda like Fat Bobs but that is about it. I see a guy thinking he is cool riding past on his black Harley and my first thought is "How original!"

Mad Dog Tannen":2ozzoo1w said:
.........Plus I cannot ride a bike that is tuned for sound instead of performance.
For sure hah!
I like the sound of a Harley for about 10 minutes. After that it's too loud and irritating.

The tip of the sandblaster broke last night I barley got any blasting done. I will have lots of other stuff to keep me busy until I get my frame back.

My frame and pipes are getting sandblasted during this next week probably. Until then I have been collecting some parts (keep in mind that these will all be painted/polished to match)...

A adjustable shift light to replace the bulky tachometer...

I got these tailights on the cheap. I am going to try and recreate somthing I saw on a concept car for the lenzes. If that doesn't work out then Ill just use some very descreet leds without the tail light...

A small street fighter fairing and headlamps...

A much lighter plastic false tank next to the original. I will have to do some modifying and electronics relocating to make it fit...

Next step while I am waiting on the frame, is to finish painting the block. I'll get down to that tomorrow.
I am hoping it will look something like this with the new fairing...

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
Yeah...it'll prolly look JUST like that.... :smilie_happy: :clapping:

Maybe I shouldn't smoke and work on the bike so much. I accidently got some water into the case through the starter hole. I forgot to plug it when I was washing the bottom. So I turned it over and I am going to let it sit for a couple of days so it will hopefully evaporate. And when I get it back together and running, I will check the oil for any toothpaste. I think I will try and tackle the gauges/wiring while I wait.

I haven't got much done with out the frame. I am going to pick it up tomorrow. I have been getting a few things though. Like the seat (that I will be chopping up a little bit). and I got into some gauges I think I am going to mount the Gas and temp gauges on the tank. I cannot fit or modify anything without measuring around the frame. soo...

This was from my first (failed) attempt at cleaning the underside of the engine. Apparently I play dough dilutes in water :head bang:

New tank and seat next to old...

After failed cleaning...

I dissected all of the gauges...

Ride safe out there!...

This was from my first (failed) attempt at cleaning the underside of the engine. Apparently I play dough dilutes in water :head bang:
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
1FB7664A-E425-44E7-807D-6CEE3D1EAFED-339-000000D474A78BE9_zps74267123.jpg

:doh: :smilie_happy: Now that's funny! :thanks:

Latest posts